Most of my work this month has been updating the Ted Kaczynski Archive. Upcoming material includes more additions to the Ted Kaczynski archive, a critique of the green anarchist text Desert, and some guest contributions on technological control, population, and globalization.
- Intimate Places by John Revington
- Catastrophe Pending by Annie LeBrun
- Letter: Ted Kaczynski to Tim LaPietra
- Progress versus Wilderness by Ted Kaczynski
- Fitch & Madison, the publishing house that put out Kaczynski’s Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How, has reissued his 2010 book Technological Slavery. Interestingly, it adds “volume one” to the title. In its preface Ted says Anti-Tech Revolution is “only a part, though the most important part, of a longer work that I hope to publish later.” Perhaps the second part will be volume two of Technological Slavery!
- Jake Hanrahan did an interview with Manifesto podcast on Ted Kaczynski’s “Industrial Society and Its Future.”
On the Web
Too Many Medicines Simply Don’t Work, Bloomberg
The Global Machine Behind the Rise of Far-Right Nationalism, New York Times
Plenty of habitat for bears in Europe, Phys.org
Environmental Activists Have Higher Death Rates Than Some Soldiers, Scientific American