Sorry for the lack of substantial articles this month. I’m working on a few big essays that should be finished in the coming months, so keep an eye out.
- Recent Site Downtime — The site went down recently because the domain name expired unexpectedly. If you like the content on this site, please consider donating.
- Interview with Newsy — The online news site Newsy talked to me about Ted Kaczynski
- Preface to Repent to the Primitive — The preface to my book, Repent to the Primitive, which helps explain how this whole project got started
- The Attitude of Trump’s Administration Towards Environmentalism by Jay Burton — An editor of the United Green Alliance talks about the numbers behind the Trump administration’s impact on wildlands and wildlife
- Reading List: Rewilding Theory — Some books on the academic basis of rewilding
- Interview on Popular Front Podcast: The New Wave of Eco-Terrorism — An interview on the new wave of eco-terrorism, focusing especially on Ted Kaczynski and the international eco-terror network known as “Individualists Tending Toward Savagery.”
On the Web
- A global map of roadless areas and their conservation status, Science — Read the article for free on SciHub — useful for those trying to implement The Rewilding Program
- One Of The Biggest At-Home DNA Testing Companies Is Working With The FBI, BuzzFeed
- Seattle Surveillance Technologies Up for Public Review, Hacker News
- Facebook will reveal who uploaded your contact info for ad targeting, Hacker News
- How the Left Embraced Elitism: The progressives’ Green New Deal centralizes power, New York Times
- LA ESTIRPE DE LOS TECNOILUSOS: Crítica a “La estirpe de los libres” de Benigno Varillas by Ultimo Reducto — UR is an associate of Kaczynski’s who I worked with from around 2015-2017. This is a good critique of the anarcho-primitivist tendency to romanticize primitive life, with all of UR’s funny quirks, including his incessant nitpickiness regarding grammatical and orthographical errors.
- The CRISPR machines that can wipe out entire species, CNET
- Facebook uses its apps to track users it thinks could threaten employees and offices, CNBC
- Mark Fischer on Rewilding Drift in Europe (Podcast), The Rewilding Institute
- The Technoskeptic Newsletter – Excellent for all your anti-tech news
- China’s social credit system shows its teeth, banning millions from taking flights, trains, South China Morning Post