Reports on communities seeking autonomy from industrial society and information on how they do it. Recommended first readings: “Taking Rewilding Seriously” and “What Happened at Wild Roots (in progress).”
Do you like the content on this blog? Help keep it going by donating!
Outlines a philosophical foundation for rewilding. Recommended first reading: “Summary of Repent to the Primitive.”
Archived issues of two radical ecological journals that operated from 2014 to 2017. Recommended first reading: “A History of Two Magazines.”
Writings by and about the indomitistas, a loose-knit group of anti-industrialists and friends of Kaczynski. Recommended first readings: “Introduction to the Indomitista Archive” and “‘Preface’ to Repent to the Primitive.” Other useful resources include:
Historical documents related to the early history of Earth First!, a radical conservation organization that arose in the 1980s, and some of the groups it inspired. Recommended first reading: “The History and Impact of Earth First!” Other useful resources include:
- Environment and Society Portal’s Earth First! Movement Writings — Includes publications by the Earth First! offshoots, Live Wild or Die! and Wild Earth.
- Eco-Action’s Do or Die Archives — A magazine representative of radical environmentalism during the anti-globalization era.
- The Talon Conspiracy’s radical environmentalism archives — Mostly about animal rights history, but has texts related to Earth First! and related groups.
- Green Anarchy Archives — GA was a journal published during the anti-globalization era, heavily influenced by Earth First! and vice versa. Not to be confused with a related UK-based magazine, Green Anarchist.
Writings by and about Ted Kaczynski, known for his 1978-1995 bombing campaign in the name of anti-industrial revolution. Recommended first reading: “Ted Kaczynski and Why He Matters.”
- Industrial Society and Its Future —– The infamous “Unabomber Manifesto.” Translations: Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Dutch, Russian
- Technological Slavery — Digitized articles from Ted Kaczynski’s 2010 book.
- Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How — Online PDFs of Ted Kaczynski’s 2017 book. Also check out my review.